Residential Counselor (Sparta, NJ)
Company: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Location: Port Jervis
Posted on: November 23, 2022
NEW $1,500 Sign On Bonus Devereux's DSP hourly rate is starting
at $16.85 and increases with education and experience Virtual
Orientation Training! Are you interested in making an impact on the
lives of individuals with intellectual/developmental/behavioral
health disabilities? Do you enjoy helping others strive to their
full potential? If you answered YES to either of these questions,
then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
Being a Direct Support Professional has its Advantages: As a Direct
Support Professional at Devereux, you will work with other
dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping
individuals in need. What Devereux offers YOU:
- A culture that upholds a Servant Leadership perspective
- A group of like minded peers to share knowledge, thoughts and
ideas within the field of Behavioral Health
- Become a part of one of the leading fee for service
- Working environment that is collaborative with
- Tuition Assistance
- Excellent benefit package/Health Insurance:Eligible to start
benefits after 30 days of employment:
- Growth and training development
- Paid Training
- Student Loan Assistance
- The ability to interface with many levels of Leadership What we
look for in our Direct Support Professionals:
- Ensure our individuals are safe and healthy while attending our
- Supervise, coach, and assist our individuals in achieving their
goals for daily living skills, such as food preparation, cooking,
cleaning, and shopping.
- Supervise the planning, implementation, and documentation of
programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and
personal needs of our individuals.
- Plan and participate in community-based jobs, volunteer
opportunities, and outings for our individuals to be involved
- Schedule and transport our individuals to and from day program.
Direct Support Professional position is located in Sparta,
Lafayette, Hardyston, NJ. Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New
Jersey touches the lives of nearly 500 children, adolescents and
adults, and their families, across the state. Individuals with
emotional, behavioral and cognitive disabilities, including autism,
are served through a broad spectrum of treatment settings,
including community-based homes and supported apartments,
vocational training programs, family care homes, and consulting
services. Governor Murphy's Executive Order 283 COVID-19 vaccine
mandate requires unvaccinated staff without a medical or religious
exemption requires the following:
- Must receive the first dose prior to their start date, if you
are receiving a 2 dose vaccine, your second dose is three weeks
after your first dose.
- You will also need to receive your booster shot by 3/30 or
within 3 weeks of becoming eligible based on CDC guidelines,
whichever is later. Currently those guidelines call for booster
shots 5 months after receiving the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or 2
months after receiving the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. The order
requires all staff eligible receive the booster to be considered up
to date on their vaccinations.
- If you are already fully vaccinated, you will need to provide
proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or
religious exemption prior to starting.
Keywords: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, Paterson , Residential Counselor (Sparta, NJ), Other , Port Jervis, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!