Bar Assistant Na-01
Location: West Point
Posted on: November 23, 2022
This position is located at the West Point Club.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full
contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for
professional and personal references on your resume.
Learn more about this agency
- Accepting applications
- Open & closing dates
06/29/2022 to 12/29/2022
$15.46 - $18.04 per hour
- Pay scale & grade
Few vacancies in the following location:
West Point, NY
- Remote job
- Telework eligible
- Travel Required
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Appointment type
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug test
- Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
- Trust determination process
- Announcement number
- Control number
This job is open to
U.S. Citizens, Nationals or those who owe allegiance to the
- Setting up bars with beverages and condiments prior to opening
- Cleaning equipment, glasses and utensils and the bar area on a
- Replenishing supplies as necessary and disposes of waste
- Unloading and stacking supplies for storage.
- Prepares simple garnishes. Performs other duties as
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify)
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance
- Must be able to work varying and/or rotating shifts to include
nights, weekends and holidays.
- Medical examination is required; subject to lifting items up to
40 pounds unassisted, and may be exposed to cuts and bruises.
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position.
All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible
to apply for this position.
No work experience required.
Candidates must be able to lift and carry weights up to 40
Highly Preferred Criteria:
Meet state/local age (18 years) requirement for the serving of
alcoholic beverages at the time of appointment.
Skills and Knowledge:
Recognizes shortages of supplies and replaces them as necessary.
Ability to use knives and automatic slicers. Able to serve simple
drinks under the close guidance of the Bartender.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following
competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening
criteria and other characteristics.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Note: Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status
of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other
workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit
Note: Candidates with Special Qualifying Skills and Experience may
be brought in higher than the Step 1 rate of pay, determined by the
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for
US Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of
West Point, NY. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily
Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are
included in the area of consideration.) Initial Cut-Off Date:
- Tuesday, July 12th, 2022 (Applications must be received by
11:59 PM EST). Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date
will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official
PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement. Subsequent
referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur every two weeks
thereafter based on management's need to fill positions. Manual
- West Point is not receiving manual applications at this time
due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are interested in a manual
application, please send your request to the email listed below
with the Vacancy Number and the position's title. An application
will be emailed to you. The completed application and supporting
documentation can be emailed back. NOTE: Applications will not be
reviewed for completeness and any incomplete applications will
result in an ineligible rating. We appreciate your understanding
during this difficult time.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in
an ineligible rating.
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not
authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the
Government's interest. Please check out our Applicant Information
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful
when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and
paste this URL:
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement
for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date.
Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional
Review our benefits
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds
Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran
Review our benefits
As a new or existing federal employee, you and your family may have
access to a range of benefits. Your benefits depend on the type of
position you have - whether you're a permanent, part-time,
temporary or an intermittent employee. You may be eligible for the
following benefits, however, check with your agency to make sure
you're eligible under their policies.
The following documents must be submitted with your
- Resume Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be
accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a
qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA 3433
- Marriage Certificate
- PCS Orders
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Keywords: USAJOBS, Paterson , Bar Assistant Na-01, Other , West Point, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!