Material Handler Production
Company: Takasago International Corporation
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Material Handler - 2nd Shift
*Position starting rate: $17/hour (more based on experience)*
*Shift Differential: 10%*
*Bonus: $500 bonus after 6 months of employment*
*Job Functions: *
* Perform all necessary labor duties to support
compounding/packaging of manufacturing products for preparation of
shipment as applicable.
* Perform all labor duties necessary to assist compounders with the
production of products.
* Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions applicable
to the handling, measurements, etc. of various chemical ingredients
* Required to comprehend and apply automated material management
practices with accuracy (e.g., SAP program)
* Operate powered industrial trucks (PIT's) to support production
as per needed material requirements, company policies, training,
and manufacturer's instructions.
* Operate production machinery and equipment (e.g., conveyers,
forklifts, etc.) in a safe manner.
* Demonstrate self-leadership in learning and consistently applying
company safety policies, practices and procedures in a manner that
prevents injuries and other operational losses.
* Work overtime on an as-needed basis.
* Direction for work related activities will be given by verbal and
* Will be required to demonstrate initiative for performing various
job tasks on an as-needed basis 30-70% of the time, without
specific directions (after learning how to perform the job tasks
and when they should be done). Work under direct supervision on an
* Ensure all processes and procedures related to inventory
management are maintained and followed under the guidelines of
Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P's) and Takasago procedures and
guidelines. Includes but not limited to inventory movements related
to production regarding quantities consumed, and proper
* Must be able to read, write and speak English on a level needed
to interact with other employees, as needed in the performance of
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Forklift experience a plus.
* Computer knowledge is essential.
* Experience using hand-held scanners is a plus.
* Able to perform basic math calculations, with use of a
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
capable of regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently
required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls and climb or balance. The employee is regularly required
to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
and talk or hear during an 8 hour work shift
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds of materials on a repetitive basis.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
may handle hazardous chemicals, solvents or mixtures. The employee
will be required to wear all appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, eye protection,
gloves, uniforms and safety shoes. The noise level in the work
environment is moderate. Physical demand requirements are at levels
of those for active work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $23.00 per hour%2401472%
Keywords: Takasago International Corporation, Paterson , Material Handler Production, Other , Harriman, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!