Company: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley
Location: Port Jervis
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The MDS Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership and
clinical assistance to all nursing personnel to ensure facility
conformance with Nursing Care Standards as applied to resource
utilization groups. This position is responsible for accurate
completion of MDS 3.0 and accurate documentation to support MDS
* Assesses resident's potential eligibility for Medicare coverage
in the assigned unit.
* Initiates Medicare Certification and recertification for
physician signature as needed.
* Ensures that MDS assessments are consistent with the nurse's
notes/CNA accountability and care plans.
* Writes QTR/Annual/Significant notes to support MDS3.0
* Checks all MDS scheduled in the software for completion and
alerts other discipline as needed.
* Checks MDS and PCC Diagnosis dashboard daily.
* Updates care plan for triggers identified in MDS assessments
which may include actual/potential problems and active diagnosis as
* Provides informal MDS education in unit as needed.
* Assesses data reflective of the patient's status and interprets
the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to
provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and
* Responds to customer concerns as soon as possible with compassion
* Promotes a professional atmosphere through courteous
* Collaborates with peers, physicians and other members of the
* Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for residents,
volunteers, visitors, and staff.
* Monitors the environment and reports deficient areas to
* Educates residents and family members regarding release of
* Participates in data collection for quality improvement.
* Participates in Quality Improvement and ABAQIS activities
including team membership.
* Participates in Quality Indicator Survey Preparation of
residents, families, and staff.
* Participates in monthly Triple Check meeting.
* Utilizes data to improve resident/staff outcomes.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
MDS coordination experience required. 1-3 years medical surgical
experience as well as long term care and supervisory experience
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Valid and current NYS Registered Nurse license. MDS, AANAC
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably
anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other
potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are
required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective
equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection
St. Joseph's Place
St Josephs Place offers 24-hour nursing care, long term and short
term rehabilitation, tracheotomy care, head trauma care,
respiratory care, and psychological services in a comfortable
setting that our residents can call "home." Become part of a team
of highly trained, experienced Physicians, Registered Nurses,
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Physical Therapists, Occupational
Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Registered Dieticians, Certified
Nursing Assistants, Activities Personnel, Social Workers and
Pastoral Care Providers.
Keywords: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley, Paterson , MDS Coordinator, Other , Port Jervis, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!