Company: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Admission Counselor - Responsible for maintaining admission procedures which meet the needs of customers attempting to utilize behavioral health services at Good Samaritan Hospital and Bon Secours Community Hospital. The Admissions Counselor must possess knowledge and clinical skills in Addiction illness and Psychiatric disorders, and advance understanding of recovery process. This position requires the ability to effectively communicate with consumers, family members and referral sources and third party payers.
* The Admissions Counselor is responsible for receiving all inquiry calls and determining appropriate needed services and making level of care determination, utilizes OASAS Level of Care for Alcohol and Drug Treatment Referral (LOCADTR) to determine appropriate level of care and treatment.
* The Admissions Counselor works with Utilization Management team to assess the financial viability of all potential admissions by conducting insurance verifications, and providing managed care pre-certifications as necessary.
* Responsible for arranging all details related to patient admission, including transportation, communicating a clear understanding of facility programs, and the ability to intervene with
patients and families who are hesitant about entering treatment.
* Maintains and fosters positive working relationships with appropriate community service providers. Attends community meetings and community events.
* Protects customer rights to confidentiality through written, oral and electronic communication.
* Demonstrates mission and values with patients, families, peers and other members of the health care team.
* Provides field instruction to counseling interns.
* Remain knowledgeable and current about community resources and other concrete services.
* Participates in community outreach events and community meetings.
* Collect data and prepares monthly statistical reports on all patients and presents to the Supervisor. Maintains report on patients evaluated.
3 years of chemical dependency experience. Must have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively as part of a team. Demonstrates knowledge of chemical dependency and mental health concepts. Demonstrates competency in dual diagnosis assessment and intervention.
Masters Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling from an accredited school
Licenses / Certifications:
LMHC, LMSW, LCSW preferred
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, is a 286-bed hospital providing emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrical/gynecological and acute-care services to residents of Rockland and southern Orange counties in New York; and northern Bergen County, NJ. The hospital is home to a recognized cardiovascular program, comprehensive cancer-treatment services, the area's leading Wound and Hyperbaric Institute and outstanding maternal/child services that includes a Children's Diagnostic Center. Good Samaritan Hospital also provides social, psychiatric and substance-abuse services and its certified home-care agency supports residents of the Hudson Valley and beyond.
Keywords: Health Alliance of Hudson Valley, Paterson , Admissions Counselor, Other , Suffern, New Jersey
here to apply!