Posted on: April 9, 2021
- Evaluates specimens and tests orders for acceptability and
determines rejections according to established guidelines
- Accessions specimens with accuracy. Maintains and assures
positive identity of patient specimens from accession through sign
out using Advanced Material Processing computer system.
- Fixes, embeds and cuts tissue specimens for staining and slide
preparation for examination by pathologist according to Laboratory
policy. This includes material submitted from surgical diagnostic
cases or from autopsies.
- Assists pathologists with preparation of frozen section
specimens and gross tissue examinations.
- Performs special stains of simple and complex nature as
necessary. Maintains appropriate control blocks and slides for each
special stains. Checks controls for appropriate staining. Documents
- Performs Immunohistochemical (IHC) stains as necessary.
Maintains appropriate control blocks and slides for each IHC stain.
Checks controls slides for appropriate staining before handing
slides for each IHC stain. Checks control slides for appropriate
staining before handing slides out to the pathologist. Any issues
with staining are brought to the pathologist attention and
corrective actions are discussed and executed.
- Participates in optimization and validations of new antibodies
brought in the laboratory. Maintains QD on antibody and detection
kits performance. Strictly adheres to the CAP guidelines for
staining and equipment maintenance.
- Participates and maintains all related documents with CAP
educational programs and proficiency testing, such as HistoQuip,
- Maintains slide and block files and records according to
- Instructs nursing and other department personnel in obtaining
and handling specimens.
- Assists physician, hospital personnel, patients and general
public with pertinent laboratory information. Directs questions or
problems to appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates, obtains and alert Department Head to problems in
quality control, methods and equipment on a timely basis.
- Prepares and maintains sufficient quantities of reagents and
supplies. Reviews quantity and expiration dates of all supplies.
Maintains inventory for the department. Orders reagents and
supplies when necessary.
- Adheres to laboratory quality control policies, documents all
quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations
and maintenance performed.
- Follows Universal Precautions, formaldehyde related safety,
hospital and laboratory procedures and policies and good body
- Assists in orientation and instruction of lab personnel.
- Attends meeting and in-service programs.
- Assumes supervisory responsibilities in the absence of
supervisor.Skills:Histology, Staining, Ascp, Pathology, Histotech,
Laboratory, Sop, Microscopy, Pipetting, Media preparation,
Pathology labTop Skills Details:
- 3-5 years of histology experience
- ASCP preferred, not required
- cert in HT/HTL and BS in sciences About Aerotek:We know that a
company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Paterson , Histology Technician, Professions , Teaneck, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!