Company: U.S. Military Academy
Location: West Point
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About the Position: The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an
academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles
from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously
occupied military post in America. West Point is a self-contained
city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries,
hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have
access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts
center, and recreational facilities.
Learn more about this agency
- Accepting applications
- Open & closing dates
11/03/2021 to 11/12/2021
$74,702 - $97,118 per year
- Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
- West Point, NY 1 vacancy
- Telework eligible
Yes-as determined by the agency policy.
- Travel Required
- Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Appointment type
Term - 13 Months
- Work schedule
- Promotion potential
- Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Supervisory status
- Security clearance
- Drug test
- Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
- Trust determination process
- Announcement number
- Control number
This job is open to
- The public
U.S. Citizens, Nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
- Implement formulation of the Chief Information Office/G6?s
Information Technology budget.
- Track actual execution against planned budget, prepares monthly
charts, and narratives.
- Explaining deviations for presentation to the supervisor or
others, as required.
- Prepare economic analysis to assess the total resource
implications of investment proposals, including life cycle
replacements and property acquisition for on-going programs and new
- Monitor the accuracy of all reports generated by the
- Manage various management information systems critical to the
internal operations of the United States Military Academy at West
- Analyze facts, situations, conditions, and problems. Help
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment to this position is subject to a background
investigation to determine your suitability for Federal
- This is an obligated position. An obligated position is one to
which an employee has statutory restoration rights or entitlement
based on active military service, recovery from a compensable
injury, or return rights based on an overseas tour.
- This being an obligated position as stated above, you will be
asked to sign an agreement acknowledging that you are aware of the
obligation and willing to be displaced under reduction in force
procedures upon the return of the former incumbent.
- This is a Term position scheduled to last 13 months. A term
position may be extended to a maximum of eight years and there may
be an opportunity to be noncompetitively converted to a
career-conditional or career appointment, depending on mgmt.
- Term employment is subject to a two year trial period.
Employees serving a trial period can be removed with limited appeal
- Pursuant to EO 14043, all Federal employees, regardless of duty
location or work arrangement, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
by November 22, 2021, or before entrance on duty if after November
22, subject to exceptions as required by law.
- If selected, the agency will provide information regarding what
documentation is needed and how to request any legally required
exceptions from this requirement.
- Proof of vaccination will be required. To ensure compliance
with this mandate, review the vaccination requirements, to include
timelines for receiving required doses, at the following:
- See "Additional Information" below. Qualifications
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience
requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual;
community; student; social). You will receive credit for all
qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume
must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based
on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which
includes:1) Initiating data analysis, strategic planning, or budget
projections to propose solutions to program issues; 2) Managing
routine budget analysis functions such as development, preparation,
or revision of a program budget, funding estimates, and/or project
plans; and 3) Assisting with delivery and/or support of basic
information technology (IT) services OR advising on best practices
for protecting information systems. This definition of specialized
experience is typical of work performed at the second lower
grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of
progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a
degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and
abilities necessary to perform the work of the position, such as
Business Administration, Business Management, Public
Administration, Financial Management, or any other related majors.
(Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education
and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as
the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To
compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total
months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of
completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second
year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two
percentages.(Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in
the following areas:
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning and Evaluating
- Program ManagementEducation
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign
colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements,
you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a
private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign
education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to
that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit
has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or
university. For further information, visit:
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the
Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 - General Administration and
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected,
placement must be at the full performance level for priority
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If
you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your
agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced
employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive
selection priority for this position. To receive selection
priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be
rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the
appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be
considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants
must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and
receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the
program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you
do not have in electronic form, view the following link for
information regarding an Alternate Application...... click apply
for full job details
Keywords: U.S. Military Academy, Paterson , Program Analyst, Professions , West Point, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!