Heavy Equipment, Front End Loader Operator
Company: Denali Water Solutions
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Front End Loader & Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the safe and
efficient operation of all compost equipment, including but not
limited to front-end loaders, compost turners, wood grinders and
screeners. The position reports to the Operations Manager. Must be
able to operate large pieces of equipment in a safe and effective
manner and be able to self-perform preventative maintenance and
troubleshoot minor issues with the operating equipment.
This position is a safety sensitive position and requires a clear
mind and diligence. The employee has the responsibility for his/her
own safety as well as the safety of others.
* Must submit to and pass pre-employment drug screen.
* Must submit to and pass pre-employment background check.
* Must be able to read and write.
* Must be able to follow instructions.
* Must have front end loader or related experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not
* Shovel materials as required; may be required to perform
cleanup/janitorial tasks throughout the Facility.
* Perform entry-level work in the repair and maintenance of the
related equipment and machinery.
* Use hand and power tools as required to operate, repair, and
maintain related equipment.
* Check condition of equipment; performs operations and safety
check prior to using equipment; maintain tools and equipment used
in the repair and maintenance of assigned equipment; fuel
vehicles/equipment; inspect and perform safety checks on
vehicles/equipment; clean vehicles/equipment; report the need for
* Document work performed and prepared records and reports.
* Operate vehicle to travel to various Agency facilities and
* Request parts, tools, materials, and supplies.
* May operate compost equipment, air compressors and related tools
* Assist Facility/Agency mechanics in the repair and maintenance of
* Respond to emergencies, as necessary.
* May be required to train for fire response; may be required to
respond to fires.
* Incumbent may be trained to operate any of the following types of
equipment; front-end loaders, backhoes, dump trucks, pickup trucks,
skip loaders, water trucks and other light, medium and heavy-duty
motorized equipment associated with the operation of the
Practices, methods, techniques, tools, and equipment common to the
operation of a processing Facility, construction fields; operation,
care and preventative techniques for Facility equipment and
assigned power tools; Occupational hazards and standard safety
practices and procedures related to the work; basic shop
mathematics; basic business English; operation of motorized power
equipment; Agency rules, procedures and practices governing the
areas of responsibility.
Learn and perform entry-level tasks in the operation of light,
medium and heavy duty motorized power equipment; operate the tools
and equipment common to the repair and maintenance of assigned
equipment; follow oral and written instructions; write simple
correspondence related to the work; establish and maintain
effective relationships with those encountered in the course of the
work; use and exercise initiative in daily work activities; shop
mathematics; read and interpret safety rules, regulations, policies
and procedures, operational instructions and general correspondence
related to the work being performed; handle stress in a
* One year of experience or the equivalent of training and
experience in the use of hand and power tools, operation of light,
medium and heavy-duty motorized power equipment; light, medium and
heavy-duty equipment associated with construction, manufacturing
facility maintenance or production.
* Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent
We offer an extensive and competitive benefit plan for all our
full-time employees as we value their time and commitment. Our
* Free Medical for the emloyee
* Generous 401k match up to 4%
* Company paid Long Term Disability
* Company paid Short Term Disability
* Company paid AD&D.
* Company paid Life.
* Voluntary life for employee and family
* Heath Savings plan
* Paid Time Off
* Sick Time
* Paid Weekly
* To be determined
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be
assigned at any time with or without notice.
Keywords: Denali Water Solutions, Paterson , Heavy Equipment, Front End Loader Operator, Professions , Hillburn, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!