Company: Savvas Learning Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Savvas Learning Company (formerly Pearson K12 Learning) is a
global education company that produces award-winning learning
solutions that empower educators and engage students with the
highest quality content.
Recognized as an industry leader, we serve millions of K-12
learners with innovative, student-centered educational programs
that turn today's classrooms into active learning environments. By
embracing technology, personalized learning, and immersive
experiences delivered across multiple platforms, we design our
learning solutions to be more accessible and relevant to each
Our comprehensive solutions for core curriculum, and supplemental
and intervention programs - supported by an array of professional
development services - allow teachers to use data to inform
classroom practices and tailor instructions to an individual's
abilities and learning styles.
What You'll Do
The Sourcing Analyst will build and develop strong relationships
with the wider Sourcing and Procurement team, business stakeholders
and suppliers to ensure supplier services and offerings meet our
business needs and align with the broader organization strategy.
The role will encompass a wide range of indirect category
responsibilities with the ability to work through competing
priorities and influence desired outcomes being essential to
success. The Sourcing Analyst will work closely with both the
Director and the indirect Sourcing Specialist to perform strategic
sourcing tasks, manage existing and new suppliers, deploy policy
and monitor compliance, generate recommendations and reports, and
engage on other special projects as needed.
What We Are Looking For
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience working in supplier management, sourcing and
procurement or a related area, Ideal candidate will have 3+ years'
of related experience, experience in education publishing is a
- Knowledge of some indirect procurement categories including
marketing, fleet, travel, facilities, HR, technology, professionals
services and temporary labor, office products and print
- Experience in managing multiple, complex, and data-rich
projects under tight timeframes with defect-free execution
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost accounting is preferred
- Professional certifications in any area within business,
operations, finance or procurement is desirable
What You'll Bring
- Excellent business and commercial acumen, proven track record
of improving commercial outcomes
- Ability to work through competing priorities and influence
- Expertise in business planning, and project management
- Strong problem solving ability and change management
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and relationship development
- Outstanding communications skills: verbal, written and
- Demonstrated data analysis, decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective risk management
- Strategic thinking ability
- Proactive mindset balanced with appropriate escalation and
upward management communication
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- This person must be able to sit or stand at a personal computer
for a reasonable length of time typing and reading as well as when
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of
time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a
demanding work environment is important.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality is critical to successful
performance in this role.
This role can not be performed in Colorado.
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants,
including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience
created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the
opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical,
dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance,
disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our
benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to
support the total well-being of our employees.
Keywords: Savvas Learning Company, Paterson , Sourcing Analyst, Professions , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!