Supply Chain Business Analyst
Company: Party City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Company Overview:Party City Holdings, Inc. is the largest party
goods supplier and party retail chain in the world. We are also the
country's premier retailer of Halloween costumes, accessories, and
decorations. Party City Holdings is made up of two divisions, Party
City Retail Group (PCRG) and AMSCAN Wholesale. At Party City
Holdings, we like to have fun! We are helpful, passionate, and
creative. We inspire our customers with exciting concepts, themes
and ideas and provide everything they need to bring them to life.
We make it easy to create unforgettable moments. Job OverviewThe
Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for blending their
knowledge of Supply Chain, analytical acumen, and data
modeling/visualization skills to identify Supply Chain optimization
opportunities and create predictive modeling that informs business
decisions. Ultimately this position is key to identifying cost
savings and service improvements within the Supply Chain and
creating effective presentations to business leadership to help
prioritize optimization opportunities. This role reports directly
to the Director, Supply Chain Analytics.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities: Analytics and Predictive
- Utilize knowledge of Inventory, Distribution, Transportation,
and Financial concepts to support analysis requests from
cross-functional business partners to solve complex business
- Synthesize inputs from Supply Chain and cross-functional
partners to build flexible, scalable modeling that drives end to
end Supply Chain Optimization.
- Enable transparency to financial and operational performance of
the Supply Chain, through ownership of reporting that measures
actual results versus plans and forecasts.
- Comfortable mining large data sets and building models to
simulate various outcomes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced Retail environment.
Uses business acumen and problem-solving skills to offer sound
recommendations when source data is incomplete. Empower
Organization with Visibility through Reporting
- Partner with management of the business functions to define
reporting requirements, and prioritize delivery of reporting
- Provide key highlights from data to operations partners,
understanding the operational context of the data
- Develop effective presentations utilizing insight from data
analysis to drive business discussion.
- Participate in key business meetings then independently develop
follow-up actions Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, MBA preferred
- 2-3 years Supply Chain experience in Analyst or Engineering
role, consulting experience a plus
- Strong technical skills a must, SQL required. Experience with
Python, VBA, and Data Visualization tools (Tableau, etc.) a
- Comfortable handling very large data sets, and identifying the
important information to drive business results
- Ability to dissect complex business problems into an actionable
plan for analysis
- Comfortable formally presenting analysis and recommendations to
- Ability to integrate qualitative and quantitative information
into a cohesive analysis and set of recommendations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced retail environment Additional
- Ability to travel to Distribution Facilities (travel may vary
based on business needs, but generally
- Physical Demands: regular hearing, talking, and sitting in an
office environment walking throughout the DC environment
- Ability to lift to 20lbsWork hours: ability to work a flexible
Keywords: Party City, Paterson , Supply Chain Business Analyst, Professions , Rockaway, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!