Sr. Supply Chain Planner
Location: New Hampton
Posted on: May 14, 2022
: Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets
specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and
well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art
solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries
worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton,
New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales
offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily
located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a
publicly traded company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over
$640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company
consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health;
Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs
over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities,
committed to developing the company into global market leadership
positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing
company, visit POSITION SUMMARY : The Supply Chain Planner will
play an integral role in our company's success by managing the
operational planning and logistics activities for their area of
responsibility. The position will focus on improving both
short-term tactical and long-term production and raw material plans
that provide a strong daily short-term schedule, as well as, a
longer term plan that optimizes service level performance at an
optimum manufacturing cost while effectively managing inventory on
raw materials, intermediates and finished goods for their area of
responsibility. To accomplish this, the Supply Chain Planner must
demonstrate strong scheduling skills, have skills in ERP systems
and processes, have strong excel skills and demonstrate influence
and leadership skills. This individual will act as a key liaison
between Purchasing, Quality, R&D, Customer Service, Plant
Operations, Commercial teams and their supply chain planning
counterparts. The role will be responsible for managing our
inventory position; ensuring safe days' supplies of inventory are
maintained for their areas of responsibility, mitigating out of
stock risk, ensuring customer's expectations are met, while
optimizing production costs and utilization of assets in their area
of responsibility. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and oversee the planning processes and systems for their
area of responsibility. This include an optimized daily and
long-term schedule for their assets.
- Maintain the Supply Chain planning data model, including
inventory targets and resulting purchasing for raw materials
(reorder points and reorder quantities) while mitigating
- Maximize Capacity Utilization through advanced planning
techniques such as campaign planning, material/resource
optimization, scheduling and planning and economic production
- Creates long-term capacity models for their areas of
responsibility to ensure that we have the right capacity to service
the future growth of company
- Assist in progressing planning processes and systems to further
improve accuracy while reducing administrative effort.
- Establish, measure, analyze, and report key process metrics
especially related to manufacturing assets and demand for their
areas of responsibility.
- Ensure and monitor inventory levels to improve service,
minimize excess & overages and improve working capital.
- Support Nutrition S&OP process
- Work with commercial team, as well as, Supply Chain Manager to
improve forecasts and demand management processes for their
planning responsibilities and assets.
- Act as main contact for customer service team for their area of
- If required, manages and provide inventory for outside
warehouses associated with the area of responsibility to meet
customer orders while keeping levels at a minimum.
- Act as first point of contact for key internal stakeholders on
any logistics/service issues as related to their area of
- Develop reports, tools and statistical analysis that will
assist management in identifying issues/risk and develop plans to
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to
improve communication flow and effectiveness and reduce risk.
- Maintain accurate inventory in customer ERP systems.
- Lead physical inventory process for their area of
responsibility in conjunction with manufacturing and finance
- Manage and lead direct reports.
- Demonstrates flexibility, strong communication and influencing
skills coupled with ability to solve problems.
- Other duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of supply chain experience, preferably in the food
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Operations Management
or related field. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels
of the organization and external contacts.
- Effective analysis/problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems.
- Expert level knowledge with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
and power BI.
- APICS Certification desired
- Working knowledge of material / capacity planning concepts
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills
- Familiar with extensive product offerings, short production
cycles, and short delivery expectations
- High degree of analytical / interpretive complexity relative to
fluctuating demand, manufacturing capabilities, aggregate
capacities, plant optimization, product life cycles, strategic
planning and key performance indicators #IN Balchem is committed to
a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion,
equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of
harassment and hostility. PI174866991
Keywords: balchem, Paterson , Sr. Supply Chain Planner, Professions , New Hampton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!