Engineering Technician R&D
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Why engineering at Stryker?At Stryker we are dedicated to
improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new
medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be
proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge
technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a
supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent
people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You
will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that
supports your personal and professional development.Need another
reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's
are proud to be named one of the World's Best Workplaces and a Best
Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our
award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comOur benefits
include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits;
retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family
and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs;
onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs;
and service and performance awards - not to mention various social
and recreational activities.
Who We Want:Effective Communicators: People who regularly share
relevant status updates and effectively articulate issues and
recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.Self-directed
Initiators: People who take ownership of their work and need no
prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.Dedicated
Achievers: People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will
stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets
regulations and expectations.What You Will Do:
- In your new role as lab technician, you perform and plan
testing on medical devices (implants and instruments for bone
healing, sterile packaging) following external standards and
internal procedures as part of the new product development process
and to ensure safety of existing products.
- You operate and program test machines, perform manual tests and
support development of semi-automated and automated tests.
- You analyze and document test results and findings accurately
and communicate them in written and verbal form to the
biomechanical engineers and project teams.
- You apply knowledge and experience to assist in designing,
installing, and maintaining test equipment and fixtures which also
includes qualification and validation.
- You take on responsibility to monitor and ensure functionality,
compliance, and readiness
- You apply lean principles in your work.
- Together with your team members, you will drive projects and
tasks across departments and locations to make healthcare
better.What You Will Need:
- An Associate's degree in an engineering related field or
- 2+ years of related technical experience.
- Previous experience in a technical apprenticeship such as a
Laboratory Technician, Physical Technical Assistant or Polymechanic
with a focus on automation.
- The desire to learn more about medical device testing and you
enjoy hands on work (e.g. operating small hand tools, power tools
and common test equipment).
- Experience in a highly regulated environment is preferred.
(i.e. Medtech or Pharma)
- Experience with programming, cobots or Computer Aided Design is
- Advanced computer and appropriate application skills
- The ability to communicate about complex technical matters and
read and create technical drawings is preferred.
- The ability to analyze and correct complex testing and/or
systems issues of a broad scope using independent judgment.
- Experience completing detailed documentation accurately.
- The ability to work reliably under pressure and with changing
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Know someone at Stryker?Be sure to have them submit you as a
referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our
employee referral program at
https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About StrykerStryker is one
of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together
with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer
innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and
Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient
and hospital outcomes.We are proud to be named one of the World's
Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune
Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by
Keywords: Stryker, Paterson , Engineering Technician R&D, Professions , Mahwah, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!