Sr. Supply Chain Planner
Location: New Hampton
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our
corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson
Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices,
manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the
US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded
company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and
a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three
business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition &
Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people
worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to
developing the company into global market leadership positions. To
learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit
The Supply Chain Planner will play an integral role in our
company's success by managing the operational planning and
logistics activities for their area of responsibility. The position
will focus on improving both short-term tactical and long-term
production and raw material plans that provide a strong daily
short-term schedule, as well as, a longer term plan that optimizes
service level performance at an optimum manufacturing cost while
effectively managing inventory on raw materials, intermediates and
finished goods for their area of responsibility. To accomplish
this, the Supply Chain Planner must demonstrate strong scheduling
skills, have skills in ERP systems and processes, have strong excel
skills and demonstrate influence and leadership skills. This
individual will act as a key liaison between Purchasing, Quality,
R&D, Customer Service, Plant Operations, Commercial teams and
their supply chain planning counterparts. The role will be
responsible for managing our inventory position; ensuring safe
days' supplies of inventory are maintained for their areas of
responsibility, mitigating out of stock risk, ensuring customer's
expectations are met, while optimizing production costs and
utilization of assets in their area of responsibility.
- Manage and oversee the planning processes and systems for their
area of responsibility. This include an optimized daily and
long-term schedule for their assets.
- Maintain the Supply Chain planning data model, including
inventory targets and resulting purchasing for raw materials
(reorder points and reorder quantities) while mitigating
- Maximize Capacity Utilization through advanced planning
techniques such as campaign planning, material/resource
optimization, scheduling and planning and economic production
- Creates long-term capacity models for their areas of
responsibility to ensure that we have the right capacity to service
the future growth of company
- Assist in progressing planning processes and systems to further
improve accuracy while reducing administrative effort.
- Establish, measure, analyze, and report key process metrics
especially related to manufacturing assets and demand for their
areas of responsibility.
- Ensure and monitor inventory levels to improve service,
minimize excess & overages and improve working capital.
- Support Nutrition S&OP process
- Work with commercial team, as well as, Supply Chain Manager to
improve forecasts and demand management processes for their
planning responsibilities and assets.
- Act as main contact for customer service team for their area of
- If required, manages and provide inventory for outside
warehouses associated with the area of responsibility to meet
customer orders while keeping levels at a minimum.
- Act as first point of contact for key internal stakeholders on
any logistics/service issues as related to their area of
- Develop reports, tools and statistical analysis that will
assist management in identifying issues/risk and develop plans to
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to
improve communication flow and effectiveness and reduce
- Maintain accurate inventory in customer ERP systems.
- Lead physical inventory process for their area of
responsibility in conjunction with manufacturing and finance
- Manage and lead direct reports.
- Demonstrates flexibility, strong communication and influencing
skills coupled with ability to solve problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of supply chain experience, preferably in the food
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Operations Management
or related field. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels
of the organization and external contacts.
- Effective analysis/problem solving/decision-making
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems.
- Expert level knowledge with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
and power BI.
- APICS Certification desired
- Working knowledge of material / capacity planning
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communications
- Familiar with extensive product offerings, short production
cycles, and short delivery expectations
- High degree of analytical / interpretive complexity relative to
fluctuating demand, manufacturing capabilities, aggregate
capacities, plant optimization, product life cycles, strategic
planning and key performance indicators
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and
promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and
a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
Keywords: balchem, Paterson , Sr. Supply Chain Planner, Professions , New Hampton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!