Obstetrical Technician Labor & Delivery Full Time Days
Company: Holy Name Medical Center
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Title: Obstetrical TechnicianDepartment: NursingFLSA Status:
Non-ExemptPosition Summary: Under continuous professional nurse
supervision, assists in nursing care and preparation of labor
patient by performing routine and delegated duties. Performs scrub
duties and related procedures as a part of the sterile team, i.e.
donning gown and gloves, creating and maintaining a sterile field,
and passing instrumentation to surgeons as necessary during
procedures in LDRP.RequirementsEducation: High school
graduate.Skills: Successful completion of Surgical Technician
course.Experience: preferred.Certification/License: Surgical
Technician CertificationEssential Functions Of The Job
- Performs basic patient care procedures as delegated under the
direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform procedures using to proper
- Demonstrates the knowledge in all equipment and supplies used
for procedures done on LDRP.
- Sets and scrubs on all Operative procedures performed in
- Assists and anticipates needs of surgeon regarding instruments,
sutures, sponges and supplies according to procedure and maintains
a correct count. Assists in maintenance and care of specimens as
directed by accepted standards. Assists with table equipment,
positioning of patient, and the application of dressings. Prepare
instruments for processing in central sterile.
- Maintains traffic control through use of proper areas and
corridors at all times. Aware of controls to prevent contamination,
maintains cleanliness of operating room tables and is responsible
for stocking/ maintaining par level (anesthesia carts, machines,
- Serves as a role model and a resource for other staff members
- Participates and contributes to departmental
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively respond to the needs of
the changing work environment to meet the needs of the
- Accompanies or transports patients to and from other hospital
departments as needed.
- Acts as a patient advocate and promotes Patient's Rights.
- Maintains a clean and safe patient environment.
- Maintains employee and patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates fiscal accountability by carefully handling and
ordering supplies and equipment.
- Adheres to Hospital policy concerning Fire and Safety
regulations, Infection Control standards, smoking restrictions,
telephone usage and other rules governing conduct while at
- Attends mandatory education seminars.
- Participates in inservice education and seminars relevant to
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication
- Performs additional related duties as the need arises
Keywords: Holy Name Medical Center, Paterson , Obstetrical Technician Labor & Delivery Full Time Days, Professions , Teaneck, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!