Site Quality Coordinator
Company: Blattner Energy
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Blattner Company is a leading renewable energy contractor and
service provider across the United States. Based at headquarters in
Avon, Minnesota, the professional services, support and leadership
teams provide the support services to Blattner Energy and D.H.
Blattner. Blattner is powered by over a century of construction
experience and passionate, innovative employees. Along with our
project teams, we seek to build a better tomorrow for generations
to come.Excited about the chance to join our team and build a
rewarding career? Education Requirements: A two-year related
degree; or equivalent of education and experience. -Experience
Requirements: 2 years of Quality Control process and procedure;
supervisory experience preferred. -Position Summary:Facilitates the
effective implementation of the Quality Program at the project
level. - Acts as an unbiased Quality representative independent of
influences of production goals. - Position is not to act as the
"Quality Cop", but instead promotes a team approach to ensuring the
Quality Control Plan, Contract Requirements, project drawings,
plans and manufacture specifications are achieved.Essential
- Collaborates with the Quality Department to develop and
implement the site-specific Quality Program. Acts as the on-site
lead for the implementation of the Quality Control Plan for their
Inspectors and applicable third-party inspectors and testers.
- Supervises, trains, and schedules Quality Control Inspectors,
while ensuring the proper application of Standard Inspection and
Testing Instructions. Provides coaching on positive communication
and engagement techniques with project team members.
- Tracks and monitors inspection and testing activities, reports
Quality metrics to drive continuous improvement throughout the
project daily. Retrieves, tracks, and presents Quality metrics
complied by the Quality Department.
- Performs inspections, tests and field audits as defined within
the Quality Control Plan.
- Possesses the authority, and the responsibility to - apply Stop
Work Authority on any operation or activity that appears to be out
of compliance with the Quality Control Plan, Contract Requirements,
and project drawings, plans and manufacture specifications; and
empowers all project resources to act in the same manner.
- Assists the Project Team in planning Quality Assurance task
level opportunities, and technical verification standards.
- Acts as liaison with Owner/Developer regarding quality issues
or concerns. Schedules and coordinates walk down and inspection
activities with Project Team and Owner/Developers. Tracks punchlist
corrective actions and provides updates to the Project Team and
- Administers the Managing Nonconformance Process at the project
level and ensures timely resolution of nonconformance reports. - -
Acts as the on-site advocate for the effective utilization of
nonconformance reports. Assist in One Page Problem Solving and
preventative action recommendations.
- Supports the use of Standard Work. Follows defined instructions
and/or participates in the development of Standard Inspection and
- Promotes and/or participates in continuous improvement
initiatives and problem-solving activities such as Kaizen events.
Performs and/or participates in Gemba Walks.Other Job
FunctionsPerforms additional assignments per supervisor's
direction.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand engineering plans and
- Ability to read and understand contract exhibits.
- Must be analytical, organized, and have high level of attention
- Interpersonal Skills - Builds strong and open relationships
with Trade Superintendents, Foreperson, and Project Team. Maintains
confidentiality. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and
negative situations; seeks to understand, listens, and obtains
clarification prior to making decisions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers pertinent information skillfully. Familiar with
Root Cause Analysis and Problem-Solving Techniques.
- Assertiveness - must be able to enforce company policies,
compliance, and instructions.
- Quality Focus - Looks for ways to improve and promote Quality
within the project; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Mechanical/Electrical Knowledge -Basic understanding of
mechanical functions of equipment, of AC/DC principles, cable
terminations, and inspection/testing equipment
- Teamwork - Focused on teamwork and finding solutions in a
collaborative manner. -
- Computer skills required (MS office).We are a unique team of
talented, passionate and dedicated individuals. Experience the
power of Blattner Company.
Keywords: Blattner Energy, Paterson , Site Quality Coordinator, Professions , Paterson, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!