Company: City of Paterson
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Opportunity to Innovate - Database Analyst 2*
The Innovation Team at the City of Paterson is known for
out-of-the-box thinking, data-driven solutions, and strategic focus
on delivering social impact. Combining research, prototyping, and
testing, the team works collaboratively with partners across City
departments to launch initiatives that will positively impact
Since its inception in 2019 following the model of Bloomberg
Philanthropies' i-team network, the team has functioned as an
in-house consultancy focused on many of Mayor Andre Sayegh's key
agenda items including homelessness, opioid addiction and recovery,
workforce development, guaranteed income and public safety. The
Innovation Team is supported in part by private philanthropy and
has regularly worked with numerous partners in the Bloomberg
Philanthropies Government Innovation network, ranging from What
Works Cities, Results for America, Government Performance Lab at
Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Bloomberg Harvard City
Leadership Initiative, and the Center for Government Excellence
Led by the Chief Innovation Officer who reports to Paterson
Business Administrator Kathleen Long and Mayor Andre Sayegh, the
Innovation Team leverages data-driven research and works closely
with internal and external City partners to tackle the cities'
biggest, most pressing challenges. In 2022, the Innovation Team
achieved two major goals - winning the Bloomberg Philanthropies'
Global Mayors Challenge alongside 14 other cities worldwide and
acquiring Silver Certification with What Works Cities.
*Examples of Work*
* Cleaning, analyzing and effectively reporting out insights using
a variety of internal and external data sources.
* Creating and maintaining data visualizations to communicate
insights, trends, and other noteworthy findings.
* Assisting the Chief Innovation Officer in a variety of tasks
including but not limited to convening stakeholder meetings,
preparing presentations and taking meticulous meeting notes.
* Creating an open data portal roadmap for the City of Paterson and
identifying data assets for the open data portal.
* Maintaining and updating (where appropriate) What Works Cities
*(Tasks noted within this description are not all-inclusive. Other
related tasks will be assigned.)*
*Education: *Associate's degree or higher.
*Minimum Preferred Qualifications: *
* Passion for public service and making a difference in the lives
* Ability to create comprehensive data plans that identify all
tasks, resources, and deliverables required to achieve the desired
* Ability to manage multiple high priority projects.
* Problem-solving skills with an ability to anticipate problems and
develop solutions on a deadline.
* Understanding of the mechanics of city government and familiarity
with public sector innovation.
* Ability to thoughtfully communicate with and respectfully engage
diverse stakeholders around a shared vision for achieving
* Ability to address all ends of the project spectrum, from
research to planning, to execution and delivery.
* -Strong team player with a proactive, detail-oriented approach
who can effectively communicate with others - telling stories
through data - and navigate an ambiguous environment with energy
* Excellent organizational skills.
*Preferred Qualifications: *
* Coding skills in Python or R.
* Experience with Power BI, ESRI ArcGIS or similar platforms
* Familiarity with open data concepts.
* Working knowledge of human centered design.
* Working knowledge of statistical analysis or concepts.
* Two (2) years of professional experience
Salary range: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00, commensurate with
experience, along with additional benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Paterson, NJ 07505: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* ArcGIS: 1 year (Required)
* Database administration: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: City of Paterson, Paterson , Database Analyst, Professions , Paterson, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!