Business System Analyst I
Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Company DescriptionVeolia Group aims to be the benchmark company
for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees
worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions
that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy
management. Through its three complementary business activities,
Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available
resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79
million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with
sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered
48 million tonnes of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext:
VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in
2021.www.veolia.comJob DescriptionPOSITION PURPOSEThe Business
Analyst's role is to assist in the planning, designing, developing,
and launching of efficient business systems in support of core
organizational functions and business processes.This includes using
methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation in
support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems
requirements. They will be responsible for ensuring quality
enhancements to problem resolutions and systems integrity.This
individual may also provide technical support to both internal and
external customers as needed.PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in documenting business processes and workflows
and their relationships to current and future solutions.
- Interacts with business users to fully understand requirements;
conducting interviews with key project stakeholders and documenting
and presenting the results.
- Work with technical analysts and/or consultants to convert the
functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Prepare system documentation and work with the Organization
Change Manager to roll out new process and system enhancements
- Coordinate, perform and document in-depth tests, including
end-user reviews for modified and new systems.
- Assisting business members, project managers and IT leadership
in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects;
help manage expectations of users and management.
- Defining use cases to articulate new functional software needs
and the roles of each class of application user.
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including
narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and
business-focused story boards.
- Produce defined and ad hoc reports for analysis of PPM&G
governance, regulatory compliance, business management
etc.QualificationsEducation / Experience / Background
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Years of Experience: At least 3 years business analyst
experienceKnowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent MS Excel or Google Sheets experience - Smartsheet is
a strong Plus
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Solid organization
- Process Oriented skills including attention to detail and
- Effective meeting facilitation.
- Ability to learn quickly including tools and concepts.
- Works well as a team member and as a positive influence to
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and
contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Proven working experience in business analysis, preferably in
the information technology sector.
- Strong familiarity with project management software.
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong familiarity with standard Microsoft Office software and
- Practical knowledge of Google applications.Required
Certification / Licenses / Training
- CBAP, CCBA or PMP preferred
- Smartsheet practitioner desirablePhysical Requirements
- * Ability to work in an office environment
- * Standing or sitting for periods of time
- * Utilization of computer and telecommunication equipment
- * Some travel requiredAdditional InformationA subsidiary of
Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of
water, waste and energy management services, including water and
wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and
disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps
commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and
municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in
Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees
working at more than 350 locations across the
continent.www.veolianorthamerica.comAs an inclusive company, Veolia
is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all
applications, without discrimination.We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Paterson , Business System Analyst I, Professions , Paramus, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!