Company: Bering Straits Native Corporation
Posted on: May 24, 2023
OverviewVisit our website at to apply! SUMMARYStampede Ventures,
Inc., a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is
currently seeking a qualified Superintendent at Picatinny Arsenal,
NJResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESThe Essential
Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive
list of the range of duties performed for this position and are not
intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Previous Federal DoD contract experience
- Management of construction task order projects
- Ability to read drawings / prints
- Written and Oral communication with customer, subcontractors,
and internally to provide project updates
- Knowledge with all aspects of a construction project
(electrical, HVAC, Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression, architectural,
etc.)QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND
CERTIFICATIONTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Three years--- experience as a site supervisor or
superintendent on industrial or commercial projects
- Experience on projects exceeding $500,000
- Possess a certification in a construction trade by a Trade, The
Associated Builders and Contractors, or other recognized trade
- Must be US Citizen
- MDE ---Green Card--- holder (can be obtained after
- OSHA 30 Certification (can be obtained after employment)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Current favorable National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI), in
accordance with AR 380-67
- Valid Driver---s License
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences;
Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a
harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the
trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds
organizational values. Preferred
- Minimum 5-years of experience performing Supervisory
duties.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must
maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Essential and
marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition
necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for
prolonged periods of time. WORK ENVIRONMENTJob is performed both
indoors/outdoors. When working outdoors; you may be exposed to
constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme
temperatures, dust, fumes, and/or loud noises when outside.Job is
performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens
and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and
multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily
a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- Supervision of all staff on site performing construction
activities including safety oversight, contract compliance,
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, inspect projects daily
- Knowledge and understanding of quality control
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous experience directing and coordinating trades
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate
with various levels of management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract documents,
blueprints, specifications, engineering reports, safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients,
subcontractors, or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
- Possess knowledge of all facets of ground up building
- Able to work with different departments and cross-functional
- A team player.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the
ability to identify issues and recommend workable solutions.
- Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all
- Able to manage multiple priorities and changing schedules.
- Create or update construction project schedule in Microsoft
- Willing to learn RS Means estimating and proposal
- Some travel and overnight stay may be required.ADDITIONAL
QUALIFYING FACTORSAs a condition of employment, may be required to
pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable
reference and background check results to obtain access to military
base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity
and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
areholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and
retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants
and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the
job. Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment,
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin,
gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental
status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Disabled We participate in the E-Verify
Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free
Keywords: Bering Straits Native Corporation, Paterson , Superintendent, Professions , Rockaway, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...